Saturday, December 29, 2007

substitute trip (sort of) - day 2

Went to Lorne today.

I didn't know what we were going to do in Lorne since this is my first time there.

Went to the information centre and found out that we were in the Great Otway National Park and it was going to be a mini waterfall called Cora Lynn Cascade.


Quite impressive hey?

It was a two kilometer walk from the carpark and another two kilometer back. I thought it was going to be easier compared to Kings Canyon's six kilometer climb & walk.

I was wrong.

The walk to Cora Lynn Cascade was downhill, so I've already thought that the way back would be quite tiring but not as tiring as what I actually experienced (probably due to my super lazy lifestyle) and I didn't have any water on me this time so had to ask for it, so I only had a mouthful and it sort of took care of me 'til we got back to the carpark.

The time spent on the road from Melbourne to Lorne and back was quite long as well. I think it was around 140km from Melbourne which took around two hours one way (plus the traffic on the way to Lorne was unexpected at all).

Dinner at Ying Thai at 9PM on Lygon St.

Got back at 11PM.

Felt very tired but still went online to upload some photos from the day's shoot and write this post.

It's bedtime now.

Tomorrow, another trip to the Sovereign Hill in Ballarat. Been there before but there will always be something to photograph out there.

So I'll see you guys maybe tomorrow.

No comments: