Monday, January 07, 2008

Indo-Singapore trip - the flight to Singapore

I'm typing this using the free 15-minute internet service in Singapore's Changi Airport. Scribbled beforehand in the plane before take-off.

It's almost midnight in Melbourne and I'm stuck in a plane which should be flying to Singapore in approximately half an hour.

I now remember that feeling of travelling alone. Nobody to talk to, no one you can (sort of) interact with except for the involved officials (airport, customs & airplane staffs) and if you're the super outgoing type, strangers will always be around in the waiting lounge.

I'm also trying to figure out how stupid I was when putting my pen (which I nabbed a few from work) into my backpack. I knew I was going to need a black (or blue) pen to fill in some forms at the airport. So I took one from my old trusted pencil case & threw it into my backpack. I could swear it looked black at that time (even this morning when I'm scribbling some of my itineraries in Bali I had another black pen but I thought two black pens are definitely overkill.

So you can imagine how stupid (and so not photographer - & designer-like) I was, having to deal with colour all my working life, when I had to fill that form before going into customs only to realise that the only writing accessory I had was... a red pen. Uh oh, not a very good sign (and attention to detail in this case). So like an idiot I went to one of the shops and asked to borrow a black/blue pen just to fill in one stupid form. Didn't take that long either.

*hot towel pause*

And as I'm writing this post (on a newly acquired Singapore Airlines pen, paper and two postcards along with a nice little folder mind you) the flight attendants are still taing care of the passengers' luggages and one of them just took away that nice and refreshing hot towels I just had.

Moral of the story? Check the colour of your pen carefully before leaving home. But hey, I've got myself a new pen and paper now Nice.

Looking back now, I've always had this uneasy feeling whenever going on a flight. It's probably because I myself cannot fly. But that feeling could also be excitement. You never know.

By the way I need to mention while I was at the waiting lounge, I was pretty sure that I was the only one wearing a pair of thongs. How truly Aussie is that huh?

My girlfriend cried her heart out today. Remember how I always feel have that uneasy feeling before flying? That made it even worse. Not that I blame her for that. Maybe it's just me heheh. I'll be back in a fortnight darl.

Movie time. I out.

No comments: