Saturday, August 09, 2008

awful awful hotel

What an awful hotel this one is.

We had our breakfast this morning at the lobby and when we tried to go back to our floor we couldn’t. Tried putting in our card into the elevator and it told us that we tried to get on to a restricted floor.

We went back to the reception (which was a three minute walk from the elevator, yes it was quite a long walk) and asked for them to fix it. They did, I didn’t want to ask why or how that happened. I just didn’t care anymore.

So after that we went for the city tour. We were supposed to pay the fee to the driver who took us to the bigger bus and he charged us RM270 for three adults. I was shocked. The brochure precisely said RM45 each adult and that includes entry fee. So how come the price has doubled? I enquired about it and he said that might be an old price and it should be RM60 per head and he also said he’d call headquarters. It was RM45 per head after all. What a pain in the ass.

So we went to a few places. I really wanted to go into the National Mosque but entry wasn’t allowed for non-Muslim tourists. Argh… I thought I would’ve gotten some cool shots of that place. Tugu Negara (the National Monument) was alright.

After lunch, we went to Petronas Twin Tower. Couldn’t get tickets to the Sky Bridge anymore for the day as it’s sold out. So only took photos of it’s façade. It’s not bad.

Won’t be going out again tonight. I’m so very tired.

Decided to buy KFC for dinner. I’m so amazed. In Indonesia, we have steamed rice in the menu as rice is the thing. It’s like bread for westerners. In Malaysia, instead of steamed rice, they have Hainan Chicken rice!!! (minus the chicken of course). Awesome. The thing I won’t try is their Nasi Lemak wrap. I don’t think that’d go well with the chicken strip.

Again I’m complaining about this hotel. I called housekeeping and asked for some toilet paper rolls and a knife (to cut some fruits) and she transferred me to room service and I asked for the same thing. A few minutes later, somebody came up with two toilet paper rolls and that’s it. What the hell? Do I need to carry a knife everywhere I check in? My mom called again and somebody came up with a butter knife and pepper. I was confused, amused but most importantly furious.

And how hard is it to send us another blanket? We had an extra bed in the room, so doesn’t it just make sense to have another blanket for us? And I ordered this along when I asked to borrow a power adapter as well. Somebody came up only with a power adapter.

Toilet’s kinda leaking too. Arrgghh!!!

Again, what kind of a (five-star?) hotel is this?

We’re checking out tomorrow and leaving for Genting Highlands, hopefully the hotel would be better.

1 comment:

K. said...

wow.. malaysia trully asia...