Thursday, August 07, 2008

Jakarta Trip August 2008 - beaureaucracy

I’m pretty sure Indonesian Beaureaucracy people don’t appreciate time… our time.

I had to renew my passport today. It took me two and a half hours to queue up and had my photo taken in the interview room.

They told me that they have this new system in place that they couldn’t do it like they used to. Crap! Well maybe if they made sure the system would work first before implementing it, maybe it’d be so much better.

And after all that they didn’t even get my name right. I was only told that they’re putting my full name on the “see page” and it should be OK. I’m not keeping my hopes up. I already told them that I need my surname at the end of my given names. This is yet another problem with Indonesian Beaureaucracy. On my birth certificate, only my given names were jotted down. The rule is usually I’d take my father’s surname as my surname even though it’s not on my birth certificate.

Not sure if I could get the passport done tomorrow even if I asked for the ‘express’. If it’s not finished by tomorrow, I’m not going to Malaysia. Dammit!

We’ll see what happens tomorrow.

No comments: