Friday, August 08, 2008

the flight to Malaysia

The flight itself was OK. Everything went fine. The flight even flew on time.

When we got to KL’s International Airport though, everything started to fell apart.

Nobody was there to pick us up. I didn’t see any of our names held on a board by everyone who was there to do their pick up. I knew trouble was brewing.

And it did. It actually led to a series of events that did nothing to me but tiring me emotionally not to mention the waste of time because of the delay in pickup and car scheduling.

Dad was dead furious. Mom was too. I just didn’t want to get involved in the heat (and could possibly end up in the line of fire) and just stood and/or sat there.

I am now at Berjaya Times Square Hotel and just sitting in the lounge just waiting for our room to be ready. What the hell! Checkout time is supposed to be 12PM and even the previous room renter paid for a late checkout, that didn’t justify hotel management from delaying our entry into our already paid room.

We were also told that we were only booked there for one night, which was preposterous since we paid for two nights of accommodation.

The hotel’s check in reception is on the 14th floor, which is quite cool I guess with everything beneath it are shopping centres and food stalls. I hope they’re good.

All these delays already cost us two hours of travel and leisure and photo hunting time.

Damn!

And now that we got back from dinner downstairs, I can say that the food was OK at best but it was quite cheap.

Went for a walk in the shopping mall, got myself a DiGi prepaid mobile phone simcard.

Then went back up to our room at 8PM, just in time to see the Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony.

Also had to complain (to myself) about the room. It’s designed pretty bad. There wasn’t a lot of room to move even from the beds. And you can’t watch the TV from the bed. You’d need to go to the couch, sit there and watch TV. This is by far the most inconvenient room (design-wise) that I’ve ever been in. The mattress was OK though.

We’re going with a city tour tomorrow for three hours. I’m not expecting a lot of good things though… A lot of bad things happening in a day is more than enough for me to be pessimistic about tomorrow in this country.

No comments: